Quilting · Quilts · sewing · Uncategorized

Because I’m Tired of Scraps…

I’ve started a new quilt with fabric I’ve probably had for at least four years. I purchased it on a shop hop pre-Year of Doom, but I can’t remember exactly how long ago.

Which is slightly embarrassing.

Should my memory be that bad?

Anyway, the fabric was sitting in the closet just waiting for the right pattern to come along. As 2020 and the first part of 2021 was spent dealing with my scrap hoard, and making what felt like minimal progress getting it under control, I was ready to cut into some new fabric.

Here’s some of the fabric and the pattern:

I’ve chosen the Lemon Pepper pattern by Madison Cottage Design. I’ve not yet decided if I’m making it throw size or XL throw size. I’ve enough fabric for the larger size, but I’m not certain I want to make a 70″x70″ quilt or if I want to use the extra fabric to make a couple matching pillows. (I’m sure we don’t have nearly enough pillows.) I may also have to make this pattern again using yellows.

As I started this project, I read the pattern carefully and all the way through as the first direction stated. In bold print the pattern told me to test my 1/4″ seam allowance. I sorta, kinda did that and declared it good enough. Imagine my horror today when I sat down to sew and realized I had sewn several strips together with the wrong presser-foot! My 1/4″ seam allowance was off by a smidge. But I’ve left it as is and believe the pattern is forgiving enough to handle this error. We’ll see.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s